Guelph Dance is currently recruiting community minded individuals for our Board of Directors. The board is currently seeking applications for positions commencing in 2022 for a minimum two-year term.
Guelph Dance delivers a wide range of programs including the annual Guelph Dance Festival, co-productions with other local festivals, workshops in schools, community engagement initiatives and multi-disciplinary arts camps for children and youth. The Board of Directors is made up of committed volunteers who have a demonstrated interest in Guelph Dance, with their diverse skills in leadership, knowledge, and experience applied in support of the Guelph arts community. We encourage applications from all interested candidates.
Guelph Dance board members provide guidance by contributing to our organization’s culture, strategic focus, effectiveness, and financial sustainability, as well as serving as ambassadors and advocates.
Board Member opportunities include:
- Participation in monthly meetings (currently via video conference) consulting with highly skilled staff and a dynamic team of board members
- Service on a committee based on your interest and skills
- Represent Guelph Dance in the community
- Acquire a minimum two-year term of volunteer experience
- Participation in the development of Guelph Dance’s strategic plan
- Experience in governance of a successful charitable arts organization
- Participation in Guelph Dance’s ongoing Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion work
- Fundraising and networking experience
- Participation in executing the annual Guelph Dance Festival -a major community event
Please complete the application form linked here.
Are you interested in getting involved but not sure if a Board position is the right step for you? Please reach out as we would love to get to know you and find a way to have you involved!
email: [email protected]